Do you ever have one of those days when you don’t know what to make? Well I have the perfect recipe for you! It’s one of my favorites because ingredients can easily be swapped or added based on what’s in stock in your kitchen. It’s also the perfect meal to re-heat for lunch. I swear after the flavors soak up over night it tastes even better. Give it a try!
Lunch Box Skillet
1) 1 large Yam or Sweet Potato, diced (leave skin on for added fiber!)
2) 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
3) 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, diced
4) 1/2 cup Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
5) 1 tsp Garlic
6) 1 tbsp Olive Oil
7) 1/2 cup Quiona, cooked (Cook with 1 cup water, bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer with lid on for ~10min or until liquid is absorbed)
8) 2 cups Baby Spinach, fresh
9) 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
10) 1/4 cup Feta Cheese, fat-free
11) Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce or other hot sauce, to taste, I used ~2tbsp.
1) Combine ingredients 1-6 and cook over medium heat for ~10-12 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
2) Add ingredients 7-10 and cook over low heat for additional 3-5minutes, or until all ingredients are heated through.
3) Top with hot sauce as desired
Like I said the perfect meal to make in bulk because the leftovers are perfect for that lunch box lunch.
What is your favorite skillet dish?