On the second day of Christmas, my dietitian told me…
Not to forget about exercise!
In all of the hustle and bustle of Christmas Eve and Christmas day, it is easy to forget about the need to have physical activity during our day. Because most gyms and activity centers will be closed, activity will have to be done at home. It is a great idea to get activity done early in the day. The activity will give you an energy boost, and exercise has been shown to be a stress reducer, both of which will be beneficial for your entire day. Shoot for half an hour to an hour of physical activity. Here are some great activities that you can do right at home:
- Shovel the sidewalk for your guests
- Shovel the sidewalk for any of the elderly or disabled on your block as a gift from you
- Build a snowman with your children
- Take a brisk walk and enjoy the beautiful winter scenery that comes with the Holidays
- Have a snowball fight, chasing all of your opponents around the yard
What’s your favorite way to get in exercise of the Holiday?