I have a new favorite snack that I have finally perfected making, KALE CHIPS! I know these have been floating around the internet for the past year, but it took me a while to get the technique down. This is a great snack because it’s a mighty green vegetable that contains vitamins and minerals like calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Try it out for yourself, but don’t be discouraged if you get it right the first time.
– 2 cups kale leaves
– 1 tsp olive oil
– Salt (to your liking, I use just a dash)
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) Wash kale and dry in salad spinner or with paper towels
3) Remove all stems from the kale
4) Place torn kale pieces in a bowl
5) Dump olive oil onto kale and massage into the kale until well mixed
6) Sprinkle kale with salt (or other seasoning of your choice)
7) Place kale on baking sheet and place in oven for 5min
8) Rotate pan and bake for another 5 min. Keep a close eye on the kale, as it can burn quickly. It may need an additional minute or two for the proper crispness, but that is up to you.
9) Remove and enjoy! I don’t know how well these store, because I have always finished the batch in one sitting, my guess is that you will too 🙂
Have you tried kale chips?