Mexican dishes tend to be the one’s that my fiancé and I favor. We both love the spice and flavor that these dishes provide. However, Mexican cuisine can also be loaded with fat and excess calories if you aren’t careful. This past weekend we decided to make our own Mexican inspired dish, and I have to say it turned out quite well! Next time you need a quick healthy dish, try these:
Tortilla Chips of your choice (enough to fill the bottom of a 9×11 pan)
1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
Guacamole (to your liking)
Salsa (to your liking)
1) Layer chips on bottom of baking dish
2) Rinse and drain beans, and dump on top of chips
3) Sprinkle cheese on top of dish
4) Broil on high for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
5) Top with salsa and guacamole (or other toppings of your choice! could easily increase the veggie power in this dish)
We meant to only eat half of the dish and save some for leftovers, but we demolished it. So good!
What is your favorite Mexican Dish?