Somewhere in blogland I stumbled upon the Wifessionals blog written by Kaitlyn. From Kaitlyn’s blog I discovered the amazing Cara Box Exchange that she started. The idea behind the Cara Box is that each month you are paired up with two other women (one to send a box to, and one to receive a box from). The box that you create and send is based on the topic for that month. This month the topic was “Go Green”…, so you wanted your box to include things that went along with going green in honor of Earth Day.
In order to be able to make the perfect box, you get to know the other person through e-mail and blog “stalking”. It’s a great way to meet new people and create blogging friends. This month I sent my box to Heather. It was great getting to “meet” Heather through e-mail conversations, and I really enjoyed getting to know her. You can check out what I got her over at her blog From Here to There.
I received my Cara Box from Heather (yes both of my partner’s names were Heather) over at Lawless Life. Heather did a great job with her “GO GREEN” box. When I received my box in the mail, I was excited!
In the Cara Box, Heather included:
– Something “green” to use at work: pen and post-its
-Something “green” for my nails: nail polish
– Something “green” to keep healthy snacks in: re-useable snack pouch
– Something to cook with from Idaho: re-usable bag to cook potatoes, peeler, and potato bar …feeling the Idaho love 🙂
– Something that smells green: lotion
Loved my box! I always have such a great experience with the Cara Box and highly recommend for you to join if you haven’t before!
I also had a pretty awesome weekend so I’ll give you some details and then re-cap a little bit more this week:
– Philly Zoo
– The Fiancé
– The fiancé realized he needed new break pads, but instead of over paying to have them done he learned how to replace them himself!
– Consignment sales where I buy things I don’t need…although I did score an awesome wedding planning book for $1.
– Ran two 5ks in 1 weekend. Yes I got sore 😦 But I’ve already recovered and would definitely do it again!
– The weekend was WAY too short!
How was your weekend?