Honestly, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It’s what gives me motivation to get out of bed in the morning. haha. I know that a lot of people tend to skip or overlook breakfast because they aren’t morning people, are in a hurry, or can’t stand the thought of eating that early. But what people don’t know is that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, it’s what gets your day going! Here are just a few reasons why you shouldn’t skip out on breakfast:
– It “breaks the fast” between dinner and lunch. This means it gets your metabolism going and your body working! Ironically if you “skip” breakfast, your body tends to start reserving your fat stores after your next meal so you could actually end up gaining weight.
– Better productivity at work
– Mental clarity
– Leads to an healthier diet overall
– Keeps you from overeating later in the day
With reasons like this, why skip breakfast? In honor of National Nutrition Month® I encourage you to start eating breakfast, and if you already do I encourage you to try and make healthier choices. Here is a great oatmeal recipe to get you started:
1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 1/4 cup water
1 tbsp pecans
1 tbsp raisins
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon chocolate chips
Microwave the first two ingredients for 2 min 30 sec. Mix in the remaining ingredients and enjoy! Breakfast could not be easier to make or taste better. I think that’s why it is my favorite meal!
Now here is a quick recap of the weekend, liking up with Kate and the Good, the Bad, the Ugly:
– I got to visit Josh! This always automatically makes the weekend good 🙂
– Went indoor rock climbing and finished some good bouldering and top rope problems. Josh and I are already getting ready to plan an outdoor trip soon. Can’t wait for spring!
– I finally got an oil change and tire rotation for the car. Oh the life of being a grown-up.
– These fries. Or Crab Fries from Chickie’s and Pete’s. They are soooo good that I want to eat soooo many of them, which is bad. I need to keep moderation in mind!
– Josh and I went to the Art Museum on Sunday. Let’s just say we learned the hard way that this museum isn’t really our thing. Oh well, at least we can say we went!
Also linking up with Molly
How was your weekend? Enjoy any delicious meals for breakfast?