Thursdays are going to be days where I share a recipe that I love or one that I have found and would love to try. With multiple foodie blogs and Pinterest’s food pins, good food is popping up everywhere and making me drool every time I open the computer. Although, as an RD I know that all of these recipes do not fall on to “My Plate“. However, I also know that everything can be included into someone’s diet in MODERATION. That means knowing how to use control and proper portion sizes. Therefore, for recipes that I post I will also point out where modifications can be made to the recipe. So with that being said let’s get to the first recipe…
This recipe was introduced to me by my grandma. I think she saw it in one of the food magazines she subscribes too. I think the love for cooking and food runs in the family. Anyway, this recipe is used to make quick individual cakes using the microwave. It is great for portion control because you only make one serving size at a time.
(1) 1 box of Angel food cake
(2) 1 box of ANY flavor of box cake mix (ie, chocolate, vanilla, funfetti, lemon, carrot, etc)
(1) Mix the box of Angel food cake and the box of ANY flavor cake mix together in a gallon zip block bag. (This is to store the cake, you will get MANY individual servings from mixing the 2 boxes, which can be stored in your pantry)
(2) Take a microwave safe mug or dish, and place in 3 Tbsp of the mixed cake mixes.
(3) Add 2 Tbsp of Water.
(4) Quick stir until most of the lumps are gone.
(5) Microwave for 1 min.
(6) Top with Fat-free Whip Cream or Cool Whip and Enjoy.
See it’s easy, 3 Tbsp Cake mix, 2 Tbsp Water, 1 min in the microwave and you have a perfectly portioned individual size cake 🙂